Friday, October 25, 2013

soap test photos.

glycerin soap

for me, the hardest part of making anything for sale is the photography part. i love taking pictures, but what i find aesthetically pleasing is not everyone else's cup of tea, and i'm always worried that i pick the weirdest shots of my stuff. i love the above shot, though. it reminds me of some kind of abstract modern art.

glycerin soap

i always insist upon taking my photos in direct sunlight even though the universe seemed to agree at some point that it is ill-advised. i just love the bright whites and the deep shadows, and in the case of these "clear" soaps, the beautiful stained glass effect! (foreground to background: strawberry with strawberry seeds, watermelon, blood orange.)

old lady

old lady

while i was taking my photos, old lady came in to assist. she had been sleeping all day in my bed, which is in the back of the house, away from the sun. to wake herself up, she looked at me hatefully, then stretched her old tabby boots. she needs a little work before she'll be as great of an assistant as nick was, but she seems to enjoy the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment