Thursday, March 16, 2006

i'm so tired!


031506m
Originally uploaded by kittenlogic.
this yarn brings me unmeasurable joy. i was looking through my box of random leftovers and i found some pink, melon/pink, salmon (all merino or corriedales), and burgundy merino/silk and decided that i might as well go for it. i grabbed my little baggie of watermelon angelina and spun in polite amounts. this is probably my favorite yarn out of all of the ones i've logged these past few days. it's really soft and not that overspun - perfect for whatever project. of course i'm selling it, but if no one ends up buying it i'm going to make it into something soft and wonderful.

i've been spinning up a storm for the zine fest. i hope that people there are interested. i've been incredibly lazy this week. not really lazy, but uninterested in the other projects i should be working on. i just keep having yarn ideas, and i'm getting so much better at thinner, more even yarns that i'm just really excited about spinning to see what i'll come up with next. it's so weird and meditative. it's like my hands and what appears on the wheel are completely unrelated things but they speak the same language. when they work together i don't even notice what i'm doing. wonderful.


031506s
Originally uploaded by kittenlogic.
i've just been making a variety of things, trying to use a more diverse color palette. it's hard when you're strongly attracted to certain colors because you just don't want to work with anything else. i'm also trying to start spinning more low twist singles, but it's hard! it's harder than it seems. i can't wait to get my hands in some fiber and try again tomorrow. tonight i have more knitting to do. i would love to finish my wavy scarf before the freakin summer. it was almost 80 the other day and now it's freezing again. who knows what's going on in the atmosphere.

our downstairs neighbor is so rude. he just moved in and he's all about watching his HUGE widescreen tv as loud as possible at very late hours. it vibrates the floor and the couch. we had no neighbor until about 2 weeks ago when this guy moved in, and we kinda preferred it alone. harrumph. that's also why i'm spinning so much, because it calms me down.

i guess i'd better go to bed before i brutally murder the guy downstairs.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:40 PM

    The new look is very Modern!!! Nicely done!! and the photos are amazing!!!


    I use to have neighbors below me who were very kind, however HUGE fans of Star Wars so I could always tell when they were watching it because I could hear it through the floor!!!

    btw I like the Kitten Logic web name... I forgot to Respond because I suck!

    : )

    : ) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the electric green! i am into putting pink and red together lately. who would think? and it looks awesome, somehow. i have been just putting things together and seeing what happens. and it works more often than not.

    and i always mean to tell you that you look exactly (in photos anyway) like my friend angel. i will get her blog address for you to see and realize she is your twin. which will be odd.

    and thanks for putting a link to me! so nice!

    ReplyDelete